What does overturning Roe vs Wade mean for people living beyond US borders? We discuss the international aftershocks of the news that this 1973 Supreme Court decision is likely to be overturned.
How can global activists safeguard existing abortion rights and at the same time prevent backsliding? How can we collectively navigate this new context while supporting a comprehensive agenda on reproductive justice and bodily autonomy?
Join us and our invited guests as we unpack the gender norms at the heart of overturning Roe vs Wade, exploring what this means for people everywhere.
- Sara Pantuliano, Chief Executive, ODI
- Françoise Moudouthe, CEO, African Women’s Development Fund
- Dr. Anu Kumar, President & CEO, Ipas
- Megan Daigle, Senior Research Fellow, ODI
- ALIGN Report | Mobilising for change: how women's social movements are transforming gender norms
- ALIGN Briefing | Global feminist experiences of mobilising for norm change
- ICPD+25 | No Exceptions, No Exclusions: Realizing sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice for all
- Sister Song | Understanding Reproductive Justice (.DOC download from blackwomenradicals.com)
- Ipas | Research & evidence on SRHR
- African Women's Development Fund (AWDF) | Grantmaking themes