The Overseas Development Institute was a major participant in the Second European Forum on Rural Development, with a keynote speech by ODI Director, Simon Maxwell, and a lunchtime event to launch ODI's Integrated Programme on Agriculture, Rural Development and Poverty Reduction.
ODI contributed to the following panels:
* Will smallholder farming remain viable in Africa? What interventions are needed to support family farming? - Steve Wiggins
* Diversification out of agriculture: the role of migration and off-farm employment - Priya Deshingkar
* Coping with risk and vulnerability - Rachel Slater
* SWAPs in Agriculture and Rural Development - Alison Evans
* Regional integration and EPAs. How can rural producers adapt to the new competitive environment? Impacts and adaptation - Mareike Meyn
ODI collated the following resources for participants to the forum, handed out in packs to participants at the launch event for our integrated programme.