This report uses infographics to identify the key themes and emerging trends in resilience thinking and practice. The report includes sections on:
- The rise in the use of the term 'resilience' in books, scholarly journals and scientific research across a range of disciplines;
- The salience of different themes within resilience thinking;
- Identification of geographies of resilience: by pinpointing the countries of author affiliation, and the regions studied in resilience literature;
- Examination of resilience on Twitter: looking at key themes and trends most frequently used in relation to ‘resilience’;
- Analysis of the characteristics of resilience: looking at the way in which academic and grey literature explore awareness, diversity, self-regulation, integration and adaptiveness;
- Inclusion of resilience in the post-2015 agenda, including the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 (SFDRR), the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the UNFCCC COP21 Paris Agreement on climate change.