Over the past 5 years the debate relating to public–private partnerships (PPPs) has focused on:
• The potential contribution of various forms of PPPs to sustainable social/economic progress.
• The need to create PPP knowledge and facilities within various government organisations.
• The possibility of identifying promising PPP structures and opportunities.
• The requirements for implementing PPP structures.
• The possibility of extending PPPs to smaller, regional and poverty-focused projects.
• The management of expectations concerning PPPs.
Edited by John Farrington