The GAGE Covid-19 phone survey (round 1) aims to understand the knowledge, attitudes and behavioural changes related to Covid-19 of adolescents aged 10–19 as well as their primary female care-givers.
For the adolescent, we also focus on the impact of Covid-19 across the six GAGE capability areas. Measures look at:
- Education and learning: disruptions in education, ability to study/learn while schools are closed, concerns about how Covid-19 will impact education in the longer term.
- Health and nutrition: self-reported health, health symptoms related to Covid-19, impact of Covid-19 on food security, changes in risky behaviour (e.g. smoking).
- Bodily integrity: coping mechanisms from the adolescent and her/his family, changes in violence in the community.
- Psychosocial well-being: primary health questionnaire – eight measures of mental health, locus of control, worry/fear about Covid-19.
- Economic empowerment: disruptions in vocational training and/or paid work.
- Mobility, voice and agency: movement during the past seven days, ability to remain connected with friends.