Tuesday, 14 July 2015 | 8:00 - 9:45 | Elilly International Hotel (Discovery Room), Addis Ababa
This high level side event will explore how the outcome of the Financing for Development conference can support the global ambition to ‘leave no one behind’.
It will discuss how and where international finance should be allocated to deliver for the world’s poorest people and countries.
The third International Conference on Financing for Development is the first major gathering of the international community in this critical year for international development.
The outcome of the conference, while important in its own right, will also set the global level of ambition as we look towards the finalisation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in September and the Paris Climate CoP in December.
This event will explore how the outcome of the Addis conference can raise ambition and build momentum ahead of these critical summits, ensuring success in 2015 and beyond.
- Dr Kelfala Mara - Minister of Finance and Economic Development, Sierra Leone (tbc)
- Annika Sundén - Chief Economist, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Frédéric Bontems - Director of Development and Global Public Goods, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, France
- Dr Pedro Conceicao - Director Strategic Policy Unit, UNDP
- Romilly Greenhill - Overseas Development Institute
Kevin Watkins, ODI’s Executive Director, will chair the discussion.
A light breakfast will be served.
To register your interest in attending this event please email Julia Hanne: [email protected]
See #FFD3 on Twitter for coverage.