ODI’s Budget Strengthening Initiative (BSI) supports fragile and conflict-affected states to improve the way they manage their budgets. This multi donor funded programme stems from the recognition that one of the critical elements in establishing a stable, well-functioning state is the capacity to manage public finances effectively – including resources provided through aid. Essential to this is an efficient, transparent and accountable set of budgetary policies, process and systems that successfully align public resources to deliver the country’s policy objectives and development goals.
BSI are looking for a systems and processes specialist to work with them as a sub-contractor over the coming months to review requirements and help design their policies, procedures, systems, processes and materials to enable to programme to operate in a more efficient and effective way.
This will include financial systems and processes as well as quality assurance and accountability, confidentiality, knowledge management and lesson learning, recruitment and HR etc. In addition, templates and guidance relating to risk and issues management, work planning, substantive outputs etc.
They will work alongside the existing BSI team to provide additional capacity and steering in these areas from April/May this year for a minimum of 10-20 days.
If you are interested, please submit your CV with a cover letter briefly highlighting any relevant experience, your fee rate and setting out availability over the next 4-6 months by 12:00 (BST) on Thursday the 5th of April 2012. We envisage the post holder being London based or able to commute to the London office for meetings.
For submissions and any further information, please contact Helena Turgel ([email protected]).
Draft ToR ST consultant for BSI Operations(to include but not limited to):
To be delivered in collaboration with the BSI team
Redesign BSI financial systems and process
- Redesign, standardise and streamline BSI Financial systems across all country programmes. Process mapping and redesign to cut down on time and effort, and improve output quality
- Ensure an effective interface between ODI systems, its various reporting requirements, and DFID’s financial reporting requirements
- Build a new set of standard programme and BSI-wide spread sheets for capturing financial information that require ‘single entry’ and enable multiple reporting. Enable the production of timely reports, forecasts and budget
- Through collaborative working and facilitation of workshops involving CPMs and BSI London staff, the consultant will redesign, standardise or oversee the development and implementation of new high quality internal systems, policies and procedures, to put BSI on a sounder organisational footing
- Drawing on DFID and ODI procedures produce tailored Policies and Procedures Manual, for:
- Knowledge Management and File Sharing
- Travel and expenses
- Cross- country programme sharing and learning
- Management meetings
- Communications and email usage
- Performance appraisal of consultants
- Quality assurance and peer review
- Quality assurance
- Packages for overseas staff
- Accountability for senior researchers/advisors
- Produce Induction pack for new starters
- Produce organograms
- Produce Guidelines and Templates:
- Risks and issues management
- Timesheets for consultants
- Annual leave
- Briefings, reports, PPTs and advisory notes to government counterparts and clients