This side event at June 2013 UNFCCC Inter-sessional Meetings in Bonn will feature presentations on monitoring the impact and effectiveness of climate finance.
As countries seek to make progress on climate finance, there is consensus on the need to find better ways to monitor and report on delivery, recipients, and outcomes in a spirit of mutual accountability. This event, convened by the World Resources Institute and the Overseas Development Institute, examined efforts to monitor the impact and effectiveness of climate finance at the global, national, and sub-national levels.
- Monitoring Climate Finance: The Fast Start Finance Contributions of the US, UK, Japan, Germany and Norway- a joint initiative of ODI, WRI and the Open Climate Network
- Smita Nakhooda, ODI
- Takeshi Kuramochi, IGES
- Sven Harmeling, Germanwatch
- Background material: Scaling up: how Germany, Japan, Norway, the UK and US approached FSF
- Monitoring Climate Finance in Developing Countries: Initial Good Practice Guidance
- Dennis Tirpak, WRI
- Background material: Monitoring receipt of international climate finance by developing countries.