Key themes include:
• International humanitarian response: the perspective of affected people
• The benefits of engagement: what is the evidence that engagement improves humanitarian response?
• Systemic, structural and cultural barriers to meaningful engagement and how we can overcome them
• New media, new engagement? How can technology support (or hinder) engagement?
• Engagement through civil society organisations: experiences of partnership and capacity building
• Challenges and best practice
• Who participates? The challenge of engagement in stratified societies and societies in conflict
• Engagement and culture: negotiating cultural differences
• The politics of engagement: international actors, civil society, empowerment, and the state.
For more information please contact [email protected]