Doing development differently: Philippines workshop
Dave Algoso, Reboot
David Booth, Overseas Development Institute
Paul Bossyns, BTC
Zack Brisson, Reboot
Taylor Brown, GRM
Toix Cerna, Children’s Education First Coalition
Bill Cole, The Asia Foundation
Andrew Wells Dang, Oxfam Vietnam
Jo-Ann Diosana, Action for Economic Reforms
Andrew Egan, Australian Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade Philippines
Gerry Fox, Pyoe Pin, British Council, Myanmar
Than Thi Thien Huong, DFID Vietnam
Geoff King, Australian Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade
Steve Rood, The Asia Foundation, Philippines
Aung Kyaw Thein, Pyoe Pin
Leni Wild, Overseas Development Institute
Tom Wingfield, United Kingdom Department for International Development
Anna Winoto, National Development Planning Ministry, Indonesia
Stay up to date with the participants via this Twitter list.
Following on from these discussions, ODI collaborated with The Asia Foundation to hold an event exploring examples of Doing Development Differently (as set out in the Doing Development Differently manifesto, which has been signed by over 400 people in over 60 countries) in the Philippines and Asia.
Watch interviews with conference participants
View photographs from the event
Commentary on the workshop:
- Read Andrew Wells Dang's reflections on From Poverty to Power
- Read Leni Wild and David Booth's predictions for where the 'DDD' agenda might go next on Devex.
- Read Dave Algoso's thoughts on the workshop on Praxis.
- Read Steven Rood's report from the conference on In Asia.
- Read Arnaldo Pellini and Budiati Prasetiamartati's discussion of whether 'DDD' is possible for large programmes on the Doing Development Differently website
Find out more about ODI's work on doing development differently here.
Devex was a media partner for this event.