As the world starts to explore what framework might replace the Millennium Development Goals, the question remains how to best harness business as an engine for development.
A high-profile event brought together over 100 senior representatives from business, civil society and the donor community to explore these issues on 25 September in New York, to coincide with the 2012 UN General Assembly. The morning focused on the role of business in accelerating progress towards the MDGs, while the afternoon explored the role of business in helping to shape and deliver the post-2015 international development agenda.
Business and the MDGs:
- Innovative Business Models for Sustainable Development
- Creating an Enabling Environment for Inclusive Business
Beyond the MDGs:
- Engaging Business in the Post-MDG Framework
- Business and the New Development Agenda
- Charting a Way Forward: Options for Business Involvement in a Post-MDG Framework
- Accelerating Transformational UN-Business Partnerships for Development
The day was organised by a coalition of leading international business and devevlopment organisations including: the Business Call to Action, Business Fights Poverty, the Overseas Development Institute, the United Nations Development Programme and the UN Global Compact.
Watch the video coverage, listen to the audio and download the summary report here: http://www.businessfightspoverty.org/page/business-mdgs-and-beyond-resources