Dr Joseph Zveglich - Assistant Chief Economist, ADB
Dr Wonhyuk Lim - Director of Global Economy Research, Korean Development Institute
Dr Dirk Willem te Velde - Head of International Economic Development Group, ODI
William Day - Interim Chair and Trustee, ODI, a Senior Associate of the University of Cambridge Programme for Industry, Chairman of Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) and Sustainability Advisor to PwC
ADB’s flagship publication Asian Development Outlook 2012 (ADO) provides a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia, with growth projections by country and region. The ADO special theme chapter 'Confronting Rising Inequality in Asia' examines how policy makers in Asia can respond to growing inequality. The ADO presentation will explore questions such as: ·
- What are the immediate economic prospects for developing Asia and what risks lie ahead?
- Will the sovereign debt crisis in Europe and slow growth in the US undermine developing Asia’s prospects?
- Why is there growing inequality in many Asian countries despite impressive development gains?
- What consequences would Asia face if these disparities were allowed to widen further?
- How can developing Asia ensure the gains of economic growth are shared broadly?
Full Report: Asian Development Outlook 2012Download file