Evaluation of Restless Development’s Youth Empowerment Programme
The Youth Empowerment Programme aims to empower young Karimojong to lead the development of their communities, breaking the cycle of conflict and poverty to build a peaceful future.
This programme aims to achieve the following outcomes:
1. To increase by 20% the proportion of out-of-school youth in rural Karamoja communities with improved livelihoods opportunities by August 2013.
2. To increase by 25% the proportion of in-school and out-of-school youth in rural Karamoja communities participating in conflict resolution decision-making processes by August 2013.
3. To increase by 50% targeted community stakeholders’ capacity to deliver youth-friendly interventions and to support youth by August 2013.
4. To increase by 20% the proportion of in-school and out-of-school youth in rural Karamoja communities adopting safe sexual practices by August 2013.
The evaluation of this programme will aim to:
· Enable understanding of what difference the Youth Empowerment Programme has made.
· Enable understanding of how the Youth Empowerment Programme has made that difference, i.e. understanding the key success factors for achieving long-term change for particular groups in different contexts.
· Capture what has been learnt and facilitate a process of critical analysis to celebrate success, challenge assumptions and ways of working, and explore areas that have been difficult.
· Enable sharing of evaluation findings with all stakeholders, including Youth Empowerment Programme participants.