Hero image description: World Aids Day ribbon Image credit:Allan Gichigi Image license:ODI given rights
Study being carried out in collaboration with WFP and funded by UNAIDS, to develop a better understanding of the various emergency settings and their implications for HIV/AIDS.
Outputs delivered by the project include:
- A final report addressing issues including, but not limited to:
- A comprehensive overview and analysis of literature and research documents
- A thorough analysis of knowledge gaps, based upon currently available information
- A detailed analysis of all findings and data from field work undertaken for this project.
- The development of a typology of emergency settings and their impact on HIV/AIDS, to enhance understanding of interactions between HIV/AIDS and humanitarian emergency situations.
- The development of an overarching analytical framework that will help to guide future work on HIV/AIDS in emergencies and identifies areas of need for further research activities.
- A Country brief, summarising key findings from each field work activity, per each country in which field work will be carried out.
- At least 3 stakeholder meetings to facilitate input from other interested agencies.
Senior Research Fellow