ODI integrates expertise on climate change, growth, trade and private sector development, as well as sectoral expertise to analyse various dimensions of this challenging new agenda in a holistic way. We aim to provide practical policy recommendations that:
- examine how traditional growth strategies and policies need to be adapted in light of climate change and its mitigation
- analyse and learn lessons from low carbon growth policies being introduced by developing countries
- understand the potential impact of international mitigation policies on developing country growth prospects
- investigate how the private sector can be incentivised to stimulate green investment, innovation and employment opportunities
- assess the interaction between climate policies and trade policies.