Exploring the opportunities and challenges of social and economic development in the context of climate change.
As developing countries scale-up infrastructure investments and national development plans, how can we align wider social and economic development objectives with international climate commitments?
Our team supports decision-makers in designing and delivering low-carbon, climate-resilient development. We do this by combining research, advisory services and knowledge to deliver high quality information on the policy linkages between economic development and climate change mitigation and adaptation, with the aim of supporting international policy processes.
We work in partnership with public, private and non-governmental sectors nationally, regionally and globally as part of major consortia such as the:
- Low Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP)
- Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN)
- New Climate Economy (NCE), including the Coalition for Urban Transitions
- facilitating peer learning, technical cooperation and information exchange to support the formation and implementation of low emission development strategies
- supporting decision-makers in designing and delivering climate compatible development through a combination of research, advisory services and knowledge management
- examining how countries can achieve economic growth while dealing with the risks posed by climate change
- supporting national governments to unlock the power of cities to enhance national economic, social, and environmental performance (through energy and mobility)