ODI are working with the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), the Future Agricultures Consortium (FAC) and partners in Brazil, China, Mozambique, Ghana, Ethiopia and Zimbabwe, in investigating the impacts of these changes on African agriculture.
Some of the questions for this research are:
- What investments are China and Brazil making in agricultural production systems in Africa? What is their scale, nature (public and private) and focus?
- What visions and models of development underpin Brazil and China cooperation programmes in agriculture?
- How do China and Brazil’s visions and models compare with one another and with traditional donors’ approaches to development?
- Is there evidence of emerging new paradigms for development cooperation and for agricultural development?
- What are the implications for traditional donors and for pro-poor development in Africa?
To keep in touch with new publications, events and more from the China and Brazil in African Agriculture (CBAA) project sign up to the e-newsletter and receive regular updates.
Former Director of Programme – Sustainable Environments and Societies
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)